How To Gift Wrap A Cylinder
How To Gift Wrap A Cylinder Or Tube, Part 2
Back to Part 1 of How to Wrap a Cylinder
OK, Part 1 covered the basics, now for the tricky bit... the ends! We are going to fan-fold the ends of the cylinder, which beats the simpler 'scrunch and twist' for presentation hands down.
1. Make sure you have even amounts of excess wrapping paper at either end of the cylinder. If not, push the item inside through until even.
2. Snick the ends at the join. Cut all the way down to the item inside.
3. Starting with the bottom end of the cylinder, fold in the excess gift wrap towards the middle.
4. Run your finger back to the edge 2cm along. With the other hand, draw some more wrapping paper toward the middle.
5. Repeat the process in 3 and 4 to create a series of 'fan folds'.
6. When you have one last fan to make, stop folding. It will be easier to finish this when you can stand the item up.
7. Stand the item on the almost-finished end and repeat the snick and fan-folding process at the other.
8. Complete your fan folds all the way to the last.
9. Tidy up the end of the last fan fold by folding it under.
10. Tuck under and excess wrapping paper at the tip and tape.
11. Turn over and complete the last fan fold on the bottom and repeat the tidying up process.
12. If you have lots of ends sticking out as in picture 11, simply tuck them under. Now tape this end too.
Copyright © 2012 Pressies4Princesses