How To Wrap Her Gifts Like A Professional
How To Gift Wrap Her Present Part 2: Wrapping Up Professionally
OK, so your wrapping paper has been trimmed down to size and you've made a 'finished edge' by creasing. Now, in this section we show you the rest of the creases and folds needed for a professional finish to your gift wrapping.
Back to part 1 of "How to Gift Wrap Her Present"
Note: Click any image to enlarge.
1. Place your item in the centre of your wrapping paper face down. Fold over the creased finished edge and line it up with the center of the upper surface. Make sure it runs parallel.
2. Press down on the finished edge and slip/draw the item toward you until the paper is nice and tight.
3. Release the good edge. Keeping the item in position, fold the rough edge over tightly.
4. Fold the creased finished edge back over tightly. You should now have a neat, straight and central join.
5. Tape the join dead-centre with a small piece of sellotape or Scotch tape.
6. Cut a deep v-shape into the ends. This should continue round and down either side.
7. Find the end of your gift and crease down.
8. Crease the excess gift wrap all the way over. Keep your fingers near the outer edges.
9. Fold the first side flap in. Pull firmly across and down.
11. Crease along the bottom edge by running your finger from outside to middle pressing down.
11. Hold the flap and tightly in position and crease the newly-formed edge of the bottom flap.
12. Repeat the steps 9 and 10 for the other side flap. Fold any excess gift wrap back into the triangle of the bottom flap.
13. Tuck bottom flap up tight against the end.
14. Crease the bottom edge of the bottom flap by running your finger along it.
15. Your gift is now ready for ribbon. Alternatively you can stick the end flaps in position with a small piece of sellotape.
Copyright © 2012 Pressies4Princesses